Monday, October 15, 2018

In Memoriam

Hello Everyone. One year ago, Charles James passed away due to a very short battle with cancer. He was 75 and left a family of 3 -- a wonderful wife and two sons. At the time I had thought about writing something on this blog to announce his passing, but it never seemed to be the right time. One year later it finally feels like the right moment.

Charles was a extraordinary Father to me. While I never had his talent for understanding the global financial system, he did succeed in teaching me (and my Brother) the value of kindness and humility towards others. I would like to think that of all of his successes in life, that was one of the things that he was most proud of.

I know that many of you visiting this site knew him through his professional career that was unfortunately cut short. Despite some of the regrets that accompanied that transition, I know that he found a great deal of peace and joy writing for all of you, to include my Brother and I. One of the things that I miss most is the phone calls to talk through his latest post, particularly the who's who that found it interesting (and there were certainly some interesting readers over the years). For that I am grateful to all of you for the time that you gave him.

I don't know if this will be my (or others) last post about my Dad, but perhaps, for tonight, that's enough.

Here's to you Dad, we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment