Tuesday, December 18, 2012

UNSPEAKABLE, UNWRITEABLE

I couldn't write a thing on Friday.  We were preparing to visit the grandkids over the weekend.  Have I ever mentioned that three of them are triplets?   Yep, A Kick.  Five years old and in kinder- garden. And the news came from Connecticut.  I couldn't write a thing.  Monday was no better. Still can't.  Funny, because I'm a pretty hard guy that has seen some bad things.  It's just too hard, too close.  Babies for God's sake.  And we speak endlessly of new laws in the face of pure evil?  Laws are to prevent crime.  This is something else.  I remember someone once remarking that the only way to deal with the Holocaust is with silence.  There aren't words.   And yet we must go on...one day at a time.  Give me another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment